Monday, April 2, 2012

I M Pei...


Tiger and I have been really enjoying Netflix. We have been watching 2 movies a week! We got a documentary on
I M Pei...What an amazing man! I really did not know a lot about him, until I realized that I was very familiar with his work. He did the John F. Kennedy library, The modernization and renovation of the Louvre, and The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Ohio. Just to name a few. Funny thing is he went to MIT in the 1930's, same time Tiger's Grandfather was there. He also was influenced by Frank Lloyd Wright, who Tiger's Father worked with as an architect, along with Fay Jones! Crazy how years later you find out history about your family and it all makes this life we live so cool! I M Pei is still living and is 94. He and his wife are the cutest little couple! He said that he goes to her with all of his projects to get her opinion and thoughts....how awesome is that?!!!
Bank of China Tower in Hong Kong, was my favorite, since his father was the first manager of that branch. Kind of cool how it came full circle. A very inspirational documentary.

You really should check it out!
(Pictures: Wikipedia)

No comments:

Post a Comment