Friday, February 24, 2012

Mardi Gras 2012

Crew of Arabi
Mardi Gras has come and gone....What fun!
When I was a kid, I can remember the floats lining up at the Hi-Li (JAI ALAI) Club down the street. We were so lucky to catch the beginning and the end of it!! We always had a big crowd of people over to the house. All the kids would get in the back of my parents big black Blazer. They would open the back and bundle us up with blankets to stay warm. We would catch so much stuff! Oh, how I wish they still lined up there! I really miss those days! I have never been a huge Mardi Gras fan, but I guess having a child now, makes me want to see it through his little eyes!









610 Stompers/Thoth Sunday
We are very lucky to have great friends who live on the Thoth parade route! Each year they have a get together that out does the year before! The food is always restaurant quality, he is an amazing chef in disguise! She is the perfect hostess with a great sense of style and a contagious laugh! We had a huge amount of food this year, like every, but I can't get one dish out of my head!!! Chicken Sauce Piquant! I had never heard of it before this day! It was so delicious, that I can't stop thinking about it, (really, I'm obsessed) so I will be attempting to make it soon! I just hope it comes out half as good as his! A sincere thank you to our great friends! We love you guys!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment